dinsdag 26 juni 2012

Laurell K. Hamilton - A Kiss of Shadows


Title               : A Kiss of Shadows
Series             : Meredith Gentry # 1
Release date  : March 28th 2006
Publisher       : Ballantine Books
Genre            : Urban Fantasy

My name is Meredith Gentry, but of course it's not my real name. I dare not even whisper my true name after dark for fear that one hushed word will travel over the night winds to the soft ear of my aunt, the Queen of Air and Darkness. She wants me dead. I don't even know why...

I fled the high court of Faerie three years ago and have been in hiding ever since. As Merry Gentry, I am a private investigator for the Grey Detective Agency: Supernatural Problems, Magical Solutions. My magical skills, scorned at the courts of Faerie, are valued in the human world. Even by human standards, my magic isn't flashy, which is fine by me. Flashy attracts attention and I can't afford that.

Rumour has it that I am dead. Not quite. I am Princess Meredith NicEssus. To speak that name after dark is to call down a knock upon your door from a hand that can kill you with a touch. I have been careful, but not careful enough. The shadows have found me, and they are going to take me back home, one way or another.

So the running is over. But the fighting has just begun...

A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton is the first novel in her Meredith Gentry Series. I’m already a huge fan of Miss Hamilton’s Anita Blake Series, so I was very curious to see how this series were going to be. I have to say that it is very interesting.

Meredith Gentry is a princess of the Unseelie Court. She has been away from court for over three years and has been living in the human world under a huge glamour spell. She has to stay hidden from her aunt, who’s the queen of the Unseelie Court. If her aunt of her cousin Cel finds her, she knows she will be dead soon.

Meredith has been working for a detective agency for quite some time and during her last assignment she was exposed. She knows she has to run in order to stay alive; but when Doyle, the Queens Darkness appears on her doorstep with the message that her aunt doesn’t want to kill her, but ordered her back at court.

Back at court queen Andais has a little surprise for Meredith, she maker her co-heir to the throne along with her cousin Cel and the first to produce a child within three years will get the throne. Now Meredith finds herself in the middle of queen Andais games and has to choose some of the sidhe guards as lovers.

Meredith is definitely a strong character, she has been fighting for her life as long as she can remember, she’s stubborn, independent and doesn’t mind to have to share her bed with more lover in order to the throne.

Meredith’s new guards and future lovers are amazing. Galen is the sweetheart, Rhys is the funny guy, Frost is the tough guy and Doyle is the queen’s right hand and the most powerful one of the bunch. I really have to say that Doyle stole my heart from the beginning and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he will be the one who get Meredith pregnant and therefore becomes her husband. But I wouldn’t mind either if Frost will get the job done, cause he’s my second favourite of the guards.

I know for sure that I have another addiction on my hands, so I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.