vrijdag 17 augustus 2012

T.G. Ayer - Dead Embers


Title: Dead Embers
Series: Valkyrie # 2
Release date: August 14th, 2012
Publisher: Evolved Publishing
Genre: Young Adult / Paranormal

Valkyrie-in-training Bryn Halbrook just can't catch a break. With her boyfriend stuck in Hel and the taunting laughter of Loki still ringing in her ears, she struggles to concentrate on her training and duties in Odin's realm. The last thing she expects or wants is more adventure—but then treachery, a shocking abduction and a chilling discovery send her forth on another perilous, globe-hopping mission.

As the ultimate battle, Ragnarok, draws closer, it's a race against time for Bryn, Fenrir and their team to discover who kidnapped her foster brother from the halls of Asgard and what's causing the mysterious deaths of so many of Odin's chosen warriors.

In the exciting sequel to DEAD RADIANCE, Bryn encounters dwarfs and dragons, new friends and old foes—but worst enemy of all may be the person she trusts most!


Dead Embers by T.G. Ayer is the second novel in the Valkyrie series and I loved it. This book literally took off where Dead Radiance ended and that was great since you don’t want to miss anything in this series. Just like the previous novel I was pulled into this story from the beginning and I knew I’d to finish it in one sitting.

Bryn Halbrook is the female main character and I have to say she grew more into her character and what she needs to do to succeed in this book. She just had to leave her boyfriend Aidan behind in Hell and then her little foster brother Brody gets missing. She has another dangerous journey on her hands to save Aidan in time from Loki’s poison, but before she leaves she’s warned by the god Thor to trust no-one not even those close around her. Bryn finds out the hard way that Thor was right when she’s betrayed by what she thought was one of her closes friends.

T.G. Ayer has written a fabulous novel, full with raw emotion that will pull you in from the first page. I just loved the way she uses the Norse Mythology and even though I don’t like all the Gods, they have to be there to make this series the one you won’t ever forget. I can tell you that T.G. Ayer will be on my auto-buy list from now on, because I definitely believe she earns that spot when she finished this book.

I highly recommend this book to all the readers who enjoy young adult novels with a mix of the Norse Gods, because you won’t be disappointed when you step on this rollercoaster ride.

In my opinion Dead Embers is even better that the first novel, cause now you already know the characters, what their purpose are and what the enemy would do to prevent it. There is only one downside of this book and that would be the frustrating little cliff-hanger at the end. OMG what Bryn must be feeling when she found out what her enemies did to her during her captivity. I only have one wish right now, which would be holding the next novel Dead Chaos in my hand so I can read it immediately to see how this will continue.

I received this novel as an ARC, courtesy of T.G. Ayer.

Buy the book: Amazon




Author Bio:
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidantes… I am blessed with a husband who has left me for golf. It’s a fair trade as I have left him for writing. We are both passionate supporters of each other's loves – it works wonderfully…

My heart is currently broken in two. One half resides in South Africa where my old roots still remain, and my heart still longs for the endless beaches and the smell of moist soil after a summer downpour. My love for Ma Afrika will never fade. The other half of me has been transplanted to the Land of the Long White Cloud. The land of the Taniwha, beautiful Maraes, and volcanoes. The land of green, pure beauty that truly inspires. And because I am so torn between these two lands – I shall forever remain cross-eyed.
 
Connect with T.G. Ayer: Facebook / Twitter / Blog / Goodreads / Shelfari
 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY DESIGNS BY BARBARA. SWIRL BRUSH BY OBSIDIAN DAWN.